Fourteen Maintenance Tips For A Blockage - Free Drain System
A Clogged Drainage System Can Be A Terrible Inconvenience Especially If It Happens When You Least expect. Clogged drains can mean leakage and poor quality because of water left sitting for too long. But now, you can rest easy.
When debris, small objects, grease, and intrusive tree roots pile up in a drainage system, it will clog. Even clear pipework doesn't write off the chance of clogging in your home's main lines.
There Is No Need To Get The System Of Your Drainage Clogged With These Maintenance Tips We Have Put Together For You To Follow
1. Get a plunger and use it - plungers work effectively on minor clogs.
2. Clear the debris from under your bathtub stoppers a couple of times per week. Don't forget to wash the stopper before setting it back into the tub.
3. To Trap Hair That Falls Off While Bathing Or Washing, Place A Mesh Barrier On Your Sink And Bath Plugs To Trap The Hair. The same way you would prevent food from going down the kitchen sink, you should also prevent hair from washing into the bathroom pipes.
4. Eliminate hair build - up in the drains by giving your hair a good brushing before you take a shower so that all the loose hair would be removed prior to this.
5. Install grates over your drains to prevent large obstructions. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. Go into a yearly contract with a drainage company, so that, even without calling on them, you can benefit from occasional inspections and servicing of your drainage system. Drainage West Midlands offers this kind of contract to people in and around West Midlands. Let your household members know the benefits of maintaining your home's drainage system. They should play an active role in contributing to its maintenance.
8. Steer clear of chemical cleaners. Which can be damaging and corrosive.
9. Your Drains Are For Water And Sewerage Waste. Always dump trash in the dustbin.
10. Avoid putting grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medications, cosmetics, and other such substances down the drain.
11. When it comes to your toilet only water, urine and human excretions should go down and nothing else.
12. As A Practical Technique; Use A Straightened Wire Coat Hanger With A Hooked End, And Slide It Into The Drain Hole. extract Debris And Similar Blockages From Your Drains.
13. Prevent grease from accumulating into your drain by pouring salty, hot water through your sink.
14. When it comes to drain system maintenance, there are a hundred more tips you can follow, even some that go against tradition. Whatever methods you choose, avoid acidic solutions at all costs!
If you have drain issues and these tips don't help, don't overdo it and damage your drain especially if you don't have a contract with a drainage company. Avoid damages and instead, reach out and give a plumber a phone call. The specialists at Drainage West Midlands are your best option if you live in or around West Midlands.